Shou-sugi-ban is a process that's used to prolong the life of wood by burning the surface. It is also known as an ancient Japanese carbonized wood finish.
- Durable - Can last more than 80 years when properly maintained
- Aesthetics - Beautiful natural finish
- Water resistant - Combination of oil and carbonized wood creates resistance to mould and water
- Fire resistant - wood burnings offers flame retardant properties
- Insect resistant - problematic insects and termites hate burned wood
Shou Sugi Ban